U.S. Beet Sugar Association Staff
Cassie Bladow is the President of the U.S. Beet Sugar Association. She provides leadership in navigating issues of importance to the nation’s beet processing cooperatives. She previously served the association as director of government affairs, then vice president.
Cassie has served as an advocate for agriculture throughout her career. Prior to rejoining the U.S. Beet Sugar Association, she was chief of staff for Senator John Hoeven. She grew up on a sugar beet farm in Minnesota and is a graduate of North Dakota State University.
Carrie Vicenta Meadows
Vice President of Government Affairs
Carrie Vicenta Meadows serves as the Vice President of Government Affairs for the U.S. Beet Sugar Association. Carrie has spent her career working on agricultural policy. Prior to joining the U.S. Beet Sugar Association, Carrie served as the Agriculture Advisor to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Andrew Wheeler. As a senior advisor at EPA, Carrie led the office that served as the primary advocate and liaison for U.S. agriculture at EPA. Before joining EPA, Carrie was a 16-year veteran of Capitol Hill where she held positions including Chief of Staff to Congressman Dan Newhouse (WA-04), and Legislative Director and agricultural policy advisor to Congressman Bob Goodlatte (VA-06). Carrie is a native of Lynchburg, Virginia, and a graduate of James Madison University.
Director of Operations
Allyson Jones-Brimmer serves as Director of Operations for the U.S. Beet Sugar Association. Prior to joining the U.S. Beet Sugar Association, Allyson worked as Director of Industry Relations for the Animal Agriculture Alliance. She had previously worked as a crop insurance agent at Farm Credit East. Allyson holds a B.S. in animal science and agricultural science education and an M.A.T. in agricultural education from Cornell University.
U.S. Beet Sugar Administrative Assistant Opportunity:
The U.S. Beet Sugar Association (USBSA) is seeking applications for a part-time administrative assistant. The administrative assistant will provide administrative support to all staff and manage the office space of the U.S. Beet Sugar Association.
- Mange staff scheduling and calendars.
- Make travel arrangements as requested.
- Assist with in-person and virtual meetings.
- Handle day-to-day operations of the office (supplies, general repairs, etc.).
- Interface with office building management and vendors.
- Troubleshoot IT issues with off-site vendor.
- Handle mail.
- Deposit checks.
This part-time position is based in USBSA’s Washington, DC office at 50 F Street NW.
- 2 years of administrative experience, including internships or volunteer experiences.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented.
- Have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work at an in-person office environment.
- Capitol Hill or association experience a plus but not required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, send your resume to email@example.com.
Download PDF | 119 kb